Bando di selezione - Call for Applicants
Deadline for applications: 31/05/2018
Title required: Master Degree in Chemistry, Physics or Material Sciences
Requirements and Eligibility criteria
(a) Nationality: The candidate can be of any nationality.
(b) Mobility: By the closing date of the call for applicants, the candidate must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in Italy for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to his/her recruitment under the project. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
(c) Qualifications: By the closing date of the call for applicants, the candidate shall have a master degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Physics, Material Sciences (or related topics) corresponding to the second level of studies.
(d) Foreign language: The candidate shall be fluent in written and spoken English.
(e) Experience: Preference will be given to candidates with a strong background and interest in one of the fields reported in (c).
(f) Moreover, by the closing date of the call for applicants:
− candidates shall not have been awarded a doctorate degree;
− the candidate should be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent) of his/her research career. This includes the period of research training, starting from the date of obtaining the degree, which would formally entitle him/her to embark on a doctorate either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in Italy, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate is envisaged.
Scientific area: Chemistry
Institute: Istituto di Chimica dei Composti Organometallici del CNR (ICCOM - CNR), Pisa Unit
Unit Location: Pisa, Italy
Funding Project: ETN LightDyNAmics
Prot. ICCOM no. 1422 on date 07/05/2018
Applications should be submitted through the website of the Institute of Biostructure and Bioimaging of CNR, coordinator of the project LightDyNAmics, at the link: http://www.ibb.cnr.it/?command=viewcms&and2=32&id=224
Call for Applicants: LightDyNAmics – DNA as a training platform for photodynamic processes in soft materials.
CNR, Institute of Chemistry of Organometallic Compounds offers 1 PhD position (Early Stage Researcher) within the LightDyNAMics ETN project (grant agreement n. 765266) funded by HORIZON 2020/Marie Sklodowska Curie Action for the implementation of the following research project: “Quantum dynamics in nucleobases and small oligomers: toward the simulation of time resolved spectra” The main aims of the research project are:
1. Develop new effective computational strategies to compute pump-probe spectra and 2D electronic spectra from quantum dynamics (QD), to be directly compared with experiments.
2. Apply these methodologies to nucleobases and small oligomers addressing in detail the relation between the lifetimes obtained from fitting of spectroscopic traces and the underlying QD processes in the molecule.
The candidate will work under the supervision of Dr. Fabrizio Santoro and with the co-supervision of Dr. R. Improta (IBB-CNR, Napoli) and of Prof. G. Cerullo (POLIMI, Milano), and the research activity will be performed in collaboration with their laboratories.
- The employment contract offered is a full time, temporary contract with full social security coverage;
- The duration of the contract is 12 Months extendable up to 36 months;
- The evaluation will consist of two selection steps: the first based on the documentation provided by the candidates and the second based on the interview. Within each step, the marks given for each criterion by the reviewers will be used against an established pass/fail threshold.