The AQUACHEM team in Debrecen includes several permanent staff of the Institute of Physical Chemistry of the University of Debrecen and those of the Research Group of Homogeneous Catalysis of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, placed at the Institute of Physical Chemistry. Furthermore, computational studies are done by one of the graduate students of the Institute.
· Ferenc Joó (Professor; Chair of the Institute of Physical Chemistry; team leader)
· Ágnes Kathó (Senior Researcher; Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis)
· Attila Bényei (Senior Researcher, X-Ray Crystallography)
· József Kovács (Researcher, Synthesis, Catalysis and pH-Potentiometry)
· Gábor Papp (Researcher; Synthesis, Catalysis and NMR Spectroscopy)
· Ildikó Varga (Technician)
In addition, the group includes at the moment 3 researchers and 3 PhD students whose work is loosely connected to the present project financed by this MCRTN. There are active cooperations with several European universities within two COST Working Groups and also with other Hungarian institutions: Prof. László Vígh (Biological Research Center of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged – catalytic modification of biomembranes) and Prof. Ágnes Zsigmond (Department of Organic Chemistry, University of Szeged – synthesis and application of supported metal complex catalysts).
Besides the project which is financed by this MCRTN, the group is involved in the following additional research areas:
· Formation of transition metal hydrides in aqueous solutions and their acid-base properties, catalytic hydrogenation.
· Modification of the lipid membranes in liposomes and in living cells by catalytic hydrogenation